The subjects for this blog will be related to local, regional and, on occasion, state politics. It is NOT associated with any political party or special interest group. It is my hope that all sides will boldly venture into the arena to do battle on behalf of their candidate or to defend a position. As is the case in the rough and tumble world of politics rules will be kept to a minimum. However, keep the comments at least PG rated. If you resort to name calling you are admitting defeat.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

(Some) Candidate's Vision

I e-mailed the Stafford and Spotsylvania Board of Supervisors candidates (except for Mr. Goss for whom I did not have an e-mail) providing them the opportunity to submit a piece of 800 words or less on any topic they felt was important for the voters to know. Six candidates acknowledged the request and three submitted posts. I would like to thank the three candidates who took the time to avail themselves of this opportunity.

Having been a candidate I understand the hesitancy to take the time to respond to a request which come from outside the jurisdiction and may be read by only a few. As an elected official I appreciate the effort to respond to a request for information regardless of the source. It's part of the job.

This area is the fourth largest fastest growing region in the Commonwealth. The impact of the decisions made in Spotsylvania and Stafford regarding such issues like growth and transportation will extend beyond those jurisdictional boundaries. Recognizing this reality should be at least a consideration in determining the outcome of these elections.

I hope that the other candidates will still consider dropping in a line or two. And again my apologies to Mr. Goss for not being able to reach him. I have posted the responses received below in the order that they were received. I encourage readers to comment and candidates to respond.

No comments: